In today’s fast-paced and complex environment, you deserve a financial institution that’s not only supportive, but a true partner to your business. At Alterna, we can help. Our expert team of business professionals has the skills, knowledge and experience to provide you with personalized financing solutions. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality service responsive to your business’ unique needs. Our experts are here to help your business grow.
Alterna is a market leader in providing commercial real estate financing solutions. Our team specializes in a wide range of commercial mortgages available from small business owners to large institutional real estate investors, and owner operators who seek to purchase or refinance commercial properties in all major asset classes:
- Commercial Retail, Office (including medical, professional) and Industrial;
- Mixed-use (Storefront);
- Multi-Unit Residential (5+ units);
- Special Purpose (selectively retirement housing, student housing, condominium corporations, self-storage)
Alterna also provides cost to complete construction loans for low, mid and high-rise condominium projects, single or multi-tenant commercial buildings such as retail strip plazas, industrial condominiums and commercial office towers.
Our team will provide a fully customized solution to our members’ needs.
- Purchases and refinances
- Up to 70% (75% for Multi-Unit Residential) loan to value
- Owner occupied, or investor owned
- Variable and fixed rate options are available. Variable rate option (prime-based) can be converted to fixed rate option.
- Fixed terms available from 1 to 5 years; 7 and 10 years will be considered
- Amortization up to 20 years (25 years for Multi-Unit Residential)
- Market competitive rates (based on Government of Canada bonds)
The property must be located in an active resale and rental market where current market rents exist for comparable properties, and where the property is readily marketable
Commercial mortgages require a current appraisal (AACI-qualified appraiser), an acceptable environmental report and a building condition assessment.
The amount of financing available is based on the property's lending value and the net operating income available to service the debt.
To support Alterna’s commitment to the Community and Non-Profit sectors, personnel resources in Ottawa and Toronto, with a sound understanding of the unique requirements of these segments, deliver industry leading products and services tailor made to this sector. We demonstrate a strong engagement to the communities we serve.
Together, we can help get you and your business where you want to be. We look forward to speaking with you. Call us today.