Online and mobile banking will not be available from 2am-7am EST on Sunday, Nov 27 2022. Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Digital Banking Guides
Rename Your Accounts
Conveniently rename your accounts in online and mobile banking.
Rename your accounts
- Navigate to My Profile and Preferences in the navigation bar along the top of online banking.
- Select Personalize accounts in the drop down.
- From the Personalize accounts page, you can assign a customized name to each account.
- If you have many accounts, use the Search feature to locate accounts you’d like to rename. To do this,
- Search using the current account name (Chequing, Vacation, Savings, et.), and
- Choose the account type you expect it to belong to.
- Alternatively, review your list of account under the heading Account name/ number.
- Once you have identified the account you want to rename,
- Click the pen icon.
- Edit the account name.
- Save the name change in the line or select Cancel to exit.
- Return to the Online Banking Homepage by clicking the Alterna Savings Logo in the top left-hand corner.
- Select More in the bottom navigation.
- Select Personalize the app from the list.
- Select Personalize accounts from the list. Here you can assign a customized name to each account.
- Search the list to find the account you’d like to rename, then,
- Select the pen icon next to it. The account listing will now say “Personalized account name.”
- Enter the new account name. (Some special characters not accepted).
- Select the checkmark to save the new name.
- To cancel the rename process, select the “x.”
- Select the home icon at the bottom of the screen to return to the homepage.
Your financial well-being comes first
Welcome to a better way to bank. Our knowledgeable team puts your financial well-being first with good, caring and transparent advice while offering all the products and services you need.