Please note our branches will be closed on Saturday, September 30 and Monday, October 2, in observance of National Truth & Reconciliation Day.
Our Contact Centre will be open to serve our members on Saturday September 30 and on Monday, October 2, from 9:30am to 4:00pm ET. Online banking and ATMs are available for your convenience.
Ways to Save
Imagine saving for whatever you want in life - effortlessly. That's what Alterna's Ways to Save products and services can do for you.
Save the Change
Save small amounts of change on every debit card purchase and watch your savings grow!
- Every debit card purchase is rounded up to the next dollar and the difference is placed into your savings account.
- No set-up fees
- You can request funds to be transferred into your own savings account or another members’ account, such as your child or grandchild
Pay Yourself First
Before you pay your bills, buy food, or spend any other money, put part of your paycheck in a savings account. You're worth it!
- Automate your savings by setting up a recurring transfer when and in the amount you want.
- Transfer the funds to a savings, investment, RRSP or TFSA account and, in a snap, you're making money!
- Simply log into online banking and set-up the recurring transfer.
Nest Egg Term Deposit
Grow your nest egg into a golden nest egg so future you, can do more!
- Earn competitive interest
- Available in 1, 3 and 5 year non-redeemable terms
- Start small or go big! Contribute from $10 up to $1,000 per month
- Contribute through payrolls deductions, preauthorized or scheduled transfers
- Contribute anytime
Flexi Growth Term Deposit
A one of a kind way to save.
The Flexi Growth Term Deposit provides you with the opportunity to cash in at any time after 90 days, with no penalty all while taking advantage of competitive interest rates.
- Provides the opportunity to cash in the terms anytime after 90 days, at no penalty, while taking advantage of competitive interest rates
- Interest is not tiered. For example, if redeemed within the 18-24 month range, earned interest is 1.10% from the start date of the investments based on the example chart provided.
How can we help?
Your financial well-being comes first
Welcome to a better way to bank. Our knowledgeable team puts your financial well-being first with good, caring and transparent advice while offering all the products and services you need.
Stay in touch. Be the first to know about news, promotions and announcements. Signup Now!