Please note our branches will be closed on Saturday, September 30 and Monday, October 2, in observance of National Truth & Reconciliation Day.
Our Contact Centre will be open to serve our members on Saturday September 30 and on Monday, October 2, from 9:30am to 4:00pm ET. Online banking and ATMs are available for your convenience.
Flexi-Growth Term Deposit
Great rates and the flexibility to cash-in at any time.
Key differentiating features
- Provides the opportunity to cash in at any time after 90 days with no penalty
- You earn interest based on how long the investment is held. For instance, based on the example below, if the term deposit was redeemed within the 18 to 24-month range, the earned interest would be 1.10% from the start date of the investment
- Interest is compounded annually and paid at redemption or maturity, with earned interest automatically reinvested into the term deposit
Features and Benefits
- Flexible – access your funds whenever you need them with no penalty
- The amount of interest you earn increases the longer you hold it
- Competitive rates
- Non-registered, and TFSA and RRSP eligible
- Minimum $500 investment ($100 if under 19 years of age)
- Alterna’s 2- and 3-Year Flexi-Growth Term Deposits can be redeemed in full any time after 90 days (no partial redemptions permitted)
- No penalty for early redemption
Ways to Invest
Our advisors can help you purchase or renew your investments over the phone or in branch so you can achieve your financial goals.
Our advisors provide access to comprehensive, customized financial management built through integrity, ethics and responsibility.
Bank anywhere with our online banking options. Buy or renew GICs/Term Deposits online or set up transfers.
Tap into timely insights and tools to invest with confidence in all market conditions with Qtrade® Direct Investing TM.
5 Reasons to invest in a GIC
A Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) is a safe and secure investment choice with a very low risk. Here are five reasons why you should consider investing in a GIC.
Good Habits can help you invest for your retirement
Good habits can help you be a better investor, and these five good habits can help you successfully invest for retirement.
Types of Term Deposits
Whether you have short-term or long-term savings goals, there is a term deposit that will provide you with the security and flexibility you need.
You may also need...
Investment Savings Account
A high-interest savings account that helps you reach your savings goals faster.
Looking for a unique investment opportunity? From time to time, Alterna members are given the exclusive right to invest in their credit union through our Investment Shares. These shares are also eligible for RRSP and TFSA accounts.
A tax-free savings account (TFSA) is so much more than a regular savings account. Your savings grow tax-free, and you can use it to hold a variety of investments. Open one today to help you reach all of your savings and investing goals.
Alterna Wealth can help manage your investments so you can build, strengthen and preserve your wealth.
An RRSP allows you to make tax-deductible contributions and your savings to grow tax free until withdrawn from the plan.
How can we help?
2- and 3-year Flexi-Growth Term Deposits: Annual compound interest paid annually, at redemption or at maturity. Interest earned must be reinvested back into the term deposit. Redemption available any time after 90 days. No partial redemptions permitted. If term is redeemed any time after 90 days prior to the 1-year anniversary, simple interest will be calculated on the principal amount for the number of days in the term and paid at redemption (principal x rate x number of days / 365 days). Minimum investment $500. Available to personal accounts only. Due to local and proxy caching on the Internet, please ensure that you are viewing current rates.
Your financial well-being comes first
Welcome to a better way to bank. Our knowledgeable team puts your financial well-being first with good, caring and transparent advice while offering all the products and services you need.
Stay in touch. Be the first to know about news, promotions and announcements. Signup Now!