Please note our branches will be closed on Saturday, September 30 and Monday, October 2, in observance of National Truth & Reconciliation Day.
Our Contact Centre will be open to serve our members on Saturday September 30 and on Monday, October 2, from 9:30am to 4:00pm ET. Online banking and ATMs are available for your convenience.
Digital Banking Guides
Transfer funds faster.
Transfer funds and pay bills faster from the homepage of online banking by going to Pay & Transfer > Transfer Funds.
- Start by logging in to online banking.
- Under Pay & Transfer, select Transfer Funds.
- Select the Account you want to Transfer from your own Alterna Savings accounts, linked external account, or another Alterna Savings account you have signing authority on.
- Select the Recipient account from the drop-down list you want to Transfer to. You can transfer to your own Alterna Savings eligible accounts, linked External account, or another Alterna Savings account you have signing authority on.
- Enter the amount into the Transfer details.
- Choose the frequency or timing under Scheduling and choose from the options Immediate, Future-dated, or Recurring and press Continue.
- Confirm your transfer by selecting Continue. Your transfer will now be complete.
- To transfer funds between your accounts, click Transfer to my account on the home screen or navigate to Pay & Transfer at the bottom of the home screen > Transfer > Transfer to my account.
- A source account
- Recipient account
- Enter an amount under Transfer details
- Enter a memo (optional)
- Choose a transfer type
- Select Continue
- Review transfer details on the Transfer to my account screen and select,
- "<" to go back and edit the transfer, or
- Continue to successfully complete the transfer
- Share the details of the transfer by pdf, as a link in a messaging service, or by email.
- Favourites to name the transfer and add to your favorites list
- Done to begin a new Pay & Transfer
- View details to see the Transaction details.
Transfer funds to another Alterna Savings member
- To transfer funds to another Alterna Savings member, you will need to send an e-Transfer.
Transfer funds between institutions
- To transfer funds from your Alterna Savings account to an account at another institution, please follow the external account transfer instructions.
Your financial well-being comes first
Welcome to a better way to bank. Our knowledgeable team puts your financial well-being first with good, caring and transparent advice while offering all the products and services you need.
Stay in touch. Be the first to know about news, promotions and announcements. Signup Now!